Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day of School for a New Year

This morning came way too early.  I had the alarm set for 5:45am, and got up just after 6am.  It is the first day of school today for my oldest two children!  My oldest is in 3rd grade, and my middle son is in 1st grade.
They dressed in new 'school' clothes (i.e., regular clothes that are new and they really like a lot). Since their school doesn't have uniforms or much of a dress code enforced, they can pretty much wear what they like.

I made their lunch for them with extra love and care, making it extra special for such a special day.




My 2 year old stayed the night with Grandma and PawPaw last night.  (Thank you, thank you a million thank yous! That made this morning sooo much easier!)
I know he wants to go to school, too, but he's got 3 more years at home.

I hope my kids and yours all have a fabulous first day of school and the best school year yet!


2 comments:

  1. Those early mornings seem to creep up on ya.. don't they? I too know that feeling. "snooze button <3"

    The lunch you made looks super yummy! Awe your little guys look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! <3
      (ps...I hit the snooze button this morning...hehehe)

      Delete